I started pulling out ingredients that seemed like they would be tasty on this white sauce and chicken pizza. Here's what I came up with.
- Pizza crust of your choosing (I used Archer Farms' (Target brand) Fire Roasted thin square pizza crusts, comes in a 2 pack)
-cooked and cut up/shredded chicken (about 1 breast, depending on the size of your crust)
-about half a cup of white sauce (I used a jar of Classico Creamy Alfredo)
-1 clove minced garlic, mixed into the sauce
-1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese (1/2 cup per crust)
-about 6 peperoncinis, sliced
- about 1 cup baby spinach
- small can of sliced olives (I used chopped olives since that's what I had)
- 1 Tbs italian seasoning
1. Cook your chicken breast(s). I boiled mine for about 7-10 minutes, and then placed them on a cutting board and cut them in about inch size thin slices.
2. Spread your mixture of white sauce and minced garlic onto your pizza crust.
3. Place all of your toppings on, evenly distributing them across your pizza.
4. Sprinkle the italian seasoning on top.
5. Bake in your oven according to the directions on your pizza crust. Mine was about 8 minutes at 400 degrees.
My husband wanted to enjoy a beer with his pizza but we didn't have any. So, while the pizza was cooling, we hopped on the 4-wheeler and buzzed on up to his parents' house to raid the fridge. Lo and behold, they didn't have any beer either. Bummer. When we got back home, we noticed that my plate had been emptied and half of one of our pizzas was missing. Kayla and Daniel's doggy, Lucy, had decided to sneak a few pieces off the table while we were gone! I hope she enjoyed it! And I hope you guys enjoy it, too!
Happy hump day!