Large Paver Patio
3. Lay down sod/grass
4. Patio Furniture
Paint Front Doors
6. Paint House
The first thing we had to do was rototil the yard and put down sand where the patio was going to be laid.
While we were waiting to get started this was a our make shift sidewalk. Before this, it was trips back and forth to the the car in my rain boots carrying a car seat with one arm and a different pair of shoes in the other. It was quite the site. Anyway, once we purchased all of the pavers and the sand was laid out we got started!
When laying a paver patio a couple things to remember:
(Okay, i'm obviously not an expert and this is our first project likethis so these are just some of the things we did - keep in mind we're not professionals! :))
1. Rototil down to fresh ground
2. Pack down the surface - each layer (dirt, gravel, sand)
3. Before laying pavers use a level to make sure the ground is level.
**tip: use pipes along the edges as a guide to flatten the surface**
4. Lay out your pavers and pound down with mallet.
5. Lay down edging pieces to ensure your pavers do not shift over time
6. Pour special sand over entire patio that settles into the cracks and hardens.
I'm really excited to get the rest of the yard done! Next we need to get the new grass down. Then get our patio furniture and have a BBQ! I'll keep you guys updated on our progress, as we go!
Real quick here is a BEFORE/PROGRESS SHOT side by side!
Have a great day,
This post is linked up to these lovely linky parties HERE!