Hey everyone! It's time for What We Eat Wednesday! A couple of weeks ago, my husband brought home some freshly picked zucchini from one of his customer's gardens. I had been itching to try some deep fried zucchini, and I figured this would be the perfect time. It ended up being a big hit, so I decided to share the recipe with you guys. :)
2-3 zucchinis, sliced
12 oz bottle of beer
1 1/2 cup flour
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp seasoning salt
oil for deep frying
1. Put oil into saucepan and bring up to medium heat. Not too hot!
2. Put 1/2 cup of the flour in a small to medium bowl and set aside.
3. Mix all other ingredients (except the zucchini) into a medium bowl.
4. Dip slices of zucchini in flour, then the beer batter, and place in oil to deep fry. Let them fry for a minute or so, until the batter has turned golden brown.
5. Remove from oil and place on a paper towel lined plate. Let cool and enjoy!
Special Sauce Ingredients (like a fry sauce!):
1 cup mayo
1/4 cup ketchup
3/4 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 Tbs vinegar
2 Tbs sugar
1/4 tsp smoked paprika (regular is fine, too!)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Just mix all ingredients up and let sit in the fridge for at least a half hour to chill.
I hope you enjoy these as much as we do! I'm already craving them again!
Check out all of the wonderful linky parties we link to by clicking