Here are the supplies I used:
- paper towels
- plastic bag
- used candle jars
- pot of boiling water
And here is what I did:
1. I laid out my plastic bag. I used this for dumping the melted wax in- it makes for easy cleanup.
2. Brought the water to a boil and turned it down to medium heat.
3. Plopped the candle into the boiling water.
4. I let it boil for about a minute, and watched the edges of the wax start to melt. I then poured the melted wax into the plastic bag. A large chunk of unmelted wax should pop out pretty easily. If it doesn't, just keep putting it back in the water until it does.
5. Then I took my paper towels and wiped out the inside of the jar while it was still pretty hot. I used a pot holder to hold the bottom of the jar.
6. I repeated those steps for each of my jars and now I have some more pretty jars to use in my decorating!
I showed how I use old candle jars as Memory Jars, but there are so many other things to do with them!
Also, here is the video I watched on how to do this method. It was really helpful to watch before I tried this for the first time!
I hope you guys are having a great week!
As always, please check out all of the linky parties we link to by visiting our Link Party Directory!