-1 cup pumpkin puree (like Libby's)
-1 cup white sugar
-1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
-2 cups flour
-1 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp baking soda
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1/2 tsp nutmeg
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 Tbs vanilla extract
-2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 365 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, sugar, butter, and egg.
3. On top of the pumpkin mixture add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and baking soda. Slightly mix the baking soda into the flour before mixing it all together with the wetter pumpkin mixture (this saves you from dirtying another bowl with your dry ingredients!)
4. Add vanilla and chocolate chips. Mix well.
5. Drop by spoonful on a greased cookie sheet. Either drop the cookie sheet a couple of times to get the batter to spread out, or spread with the spoon- it won't spread while baking, they only rise a little, as they are cake-like cookies.
6. Bake for about 12 minutes and enjoy! This should make a bit more than 2 dozen cookies. We like them heated up, room temp, or out of the fridge!
Now that I've shared one of our favorite fall treats, let us hear about some of yours! Link your recipes in the comments below- I'd love to try them! :)
I hope you all are having a great week,
Check out all of the linky parties we link to by visiting our