First of all, here's how my Birchbox came this month.
It is called their Sparkle and Shine box. I'm not quite sure what is so sparkly and shiny about it, but there it is. I have tons of these boxes around my house. I use them for drawer organization and for regifting, but most of the time I throw them out.
And here is what I received in my box.
1. Elsor Introductory collection of face products. This has 4 little foil packets inside. A cleanser, an exfoliator, and mask and a lotion. Not much product to really test out, but I will give it a go.
2. A non-aerosol hairspray from High Performance Hair Care. I'm not sure that I will use this, but I have received a leave in conditioner from them before and really loved it. Maybe my husband will like this.
3. A teeny tiny Jouer lipgloss. It's kinda peachy and has some shimmer in it. I will probably throw this in my bag, but will probably lose it since it's so small. I do like it, though.
4. Midnight Monarch Hand Cream. I haven't tried this yet, but it's always nice to have a hand cream.
5. Fatty Sundays Chocolate Covered Pretzels. This has one little pretzel in it to try. I gave it to my husband. This is one of their "lifestyle extras." You get one in every box. Sometimes it's tea, sometimes treats like these, or a chapstick.
Overall, not super happy with the box. Nothing is full sized, and it will be hard to really test any of the products out.
Now onto what I received in my IPSY bag.
I'm sorry my backround is so busy. I didn't really think about it until I uploaded these pictures. Okay, you can see that I received some different products than Kayla did. I think this is because you fill out a little questionnaire when you sign up. I selected a lot of classic beauty things, and Kayla did more natural. So, I got...
1. Pop Beauty eyeshadow trio in Smokin' Hot. It's basically 2 shades of silver, and a sparkly black. A pretty classic palette, and not colors I have a whole lot of. I actually wore it the day I took these pics, and really liked it.
2. Be a Bombshell The One Stick in Sunset. Kayla got this as well. She said she has tried it on her lips, and I've used it as a cream blush. Both seemed to work out well.
3. Some Salon Perfect fake eyelashes. I love that I got these! I hardly ever EVER wear false lashes, but they're nice to have for special occasions. I never think to buy them, so I'm happy I got them in the bag. Plus these ones are nice and natural.
4. The Big Lip Pencil in Red Rose. I really like this color. I love wearing reds, but not too often. This one is really nice and can be sheered out.
5. A Mirabella Eye Blender brush. This is an awesome brush! I am so happy I got it. I have 2 other brushes that are quite similar, and this one is a lot softer.
Overall, very happy with my Ipsy Bag. I was very satisfied last month, too. I think I received a full size, mascara, eyeliner, nail polish, bronzer, and eyeshadow.
It's sort of hard to compare the two. I think you receive more skin care type items in Birchbox, and it seems that they have really high end products. Where Ipsy is pretty much all makeup, with some less expensive brands. Depends what you're looking for. I think Birchbox is great for people who love taking care of their skin and finding new products. I've had several really great eye creams that make the box worth it, in my opinion-- because they're so expensive normally and I've never had to buy one since getting the samples. Ipsy is great for people who like experimenting with makeup. You get new makeup to try out every month, what's not to love about that?! I also like that they personalize the products to you.
If you're interested in signing up for Ipsy, here is a link to their website. If you're interested in Birchbox, here is that link.
I hope you all have an awesome weekend, and thank you for all the kind wishes on my Pregnancy Announcement!