Banner

Orchard Girls

Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013 Recap & Resolutions for 2014-Kenzie

Hey all, I decided to do of a bit of a recap of our last year. I'm thinking this will be more personal and less "blog-related," though I might end up doing a post like that in the very near future.

Since I've been know to have the WORST MEMORY of all time, I like to sit and think about the year and write it down. Lucky for you (or unlucky...), I'm going to share it all.

Top Ten Happenings of 2013
1. Our first year spent living in one house. I think our transitory stage is over. Thank goodness.
2. My baby niece turned 18 & graduated High School, and is now engaged!
3. My Mom lived with us until November, it was fun having her here with us.
4. Hubs finished his first busy season in a brand new job, and totally succeeded. Proud wifey.
5. We celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary. We didn't do anything special, but it was nice nonetheless.
6. Dad had open heart surgery and is recovering well. Praise the Lord. 
7. We had lots of fun family times, and have been loving spending time with our youngest niece Adeline. We love being an auntie and uncle. 
8. I can safely get around town without getting lost, or without using my phone. It takes me a while to learn- especially when you only go into "town" once or twice a week.
9. We floated the river TWICE for my 26th Birthday. It was awesome and is now a summer tradition.
10. We are expecting our first baby! We struggled with infertility for almost 2 years, finally decided to see a doctor, had tests done, and found out we were actually pregnant!

And here are some resolutions for 2014:
1. Live in the present and look to the future. Don't look back as often.
2. Spend more time volunteering.
3. Find a home church & get connected.
4. Play more music.
5. Take more weekend trips to new places.
6. Go on more walks with the hubby & pups.
7. Soak up our pre-children time, and then soak up our new-parent time.

Does anyone else have any resolutions they would like to share? Leave them in the comments below!

Have a great Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...