Banner

Orchard Girls

Thursday, January 16, 2014

January Ipsy Bag Vs. Birchbox

Hey everyone. I decided to do another comparison on what I received in my IPSY Bag and Birchbox this month. They both arrived today, so it worked out pretty well!

First, here is what I got in my IPSY Bag:
The makeup bag is really cute this month. A two toned blue bag, with a silky lining. I love all the little cosmetic bottles and lipsticks on the outside. It seems pretty sturdy, too.
1. MICA Beauty Cosmetics tinted lip balm. I really like this! I wouldn't say it's super moisturizing, but I like the color and it's quite pigmented.
2. Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! deep conditioning mask. I'm really excited to try this out on my hair. I love deep conditioning treatments.
3. Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow creamy eye pencil. This is a really shimmery eye pencil in a nude color. I can see using this as an eyeshadow base, but that's about it. I suppose you could spread it out over the eye to just give a bit of shimmer to the lid.
4. 4 Packets of the Proactive Mark Fading Pads. I like that they gave me 4 of these to try out. I feel like it will give me a better idea if they work. I do have some dark spots from old acne that I'm going to try these on.
5. Nourish Organic Lightweight Moisturizing Face Lotion, Argan + Rosewater. This seems like a really nice product. Again, there is enough here to know if I really like it. I love the smell of the rosewater.

Now, here's what I got in by Birchbox this month:
1 & 2. Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Shampoo & Conditioner. These are nice sized samples of shampoo & conditioner, each 2oz. They smell nice, too. I usually hold onto these and use them when I'm traveling.
3. Burt's Bees Intense Hydration day lotion. This is also a nice sized sample in a glass jar. They also included a $3 coupon for anything from this line. I'm not sure if this is a face lotion or body, though. 
4. Coastal Scents Revealed Pallette Sampler. This had 4 little eye shadows in it. They're definitely enough to try out, and I really like the colors. They seem really soft and silky.
5. Harvey Prince Journey perfume. This is a little spritzer sample. I don't really care for the scent. It's really strong and almost smells "old lady" to me. 

Overall, I am happier with my Birchbox this month. I still think I like the samples in my IPSY Bag better, though. If you didn't know, Birchbox and Ipsy are monthly subscriptions. You pay $10 every month. You can read more about them on my last comparison post, if you'd like.

Do you guys subscribe to anything like this? Do you have an suggestions of boxes that I need to try?

I hope you all are having a great week so far. Talk to you all soon,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...