Banner

Orchard Girls

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

No-Sew Walmart Scarf Curtains

Hello everyone, and happy Tuesday! I have been on the hunt for some neutral striped curtains/fabric for the nursery. I haven't been able to find anything I like... until I spotted these scarves at Walmart! I can't remember where I got the idea to start looking at scarves, but I had been trying to keep an eye out for anything special. These particular ones were $7 a piece, and I picked up two of them.
The scarves were a bit difficult to work with, as they are a looser knit. But, I persevered! I measured my window and then cut the scarves to the appropriate size, leaving 2 inches extra for the hem on either side. I just lined up all of the stripes and ironed on some new-sew hem tape.
Are they perfect? No. Do I love them? Yes. To attach them to the curtain rod, I just used some of those curtain clips that clip to the fabric and have a ring that goes on the curtain rod. I found them, and the acorn ended curtain rod at Joann Fabrics while they were 40% off, and I got the 20% off Military Discount! Score!
I'm so happy with how this little nursery is coming along. I have some more fun things I'm currently working on that I will be sharing pretty soon, I'm sure.

I hope you guys are having a great Tuesday. We will talk with you all soon!
Be sure to check back tomorrow to join our new Wednesday Linky Party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...