Banner

Orchard Girls

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

WWEW: Link Party & Easiest Pulled Pork!

Good morning and happy Wednesday! Welcome to our third ever What We Eat Wednesday Linky Party! First, here is who I decided to feature this week from last week's link ups:

Willamette Valley Wonder Woman's Chocolate Peppermint Martini! Here is a link to the post.
Maybe it's because I'm pregnant and can't drink, but this looks DELICIOUS!
Congrats, Melissa!
Last night we revealed the gender of our baby to our immediate family here on the orchard. I decided to make dinner and invite everyone over. I knew I didn't have a lot of time to make anything time consuming, so I opted for one of my favorite crock pot recipes. Pulled pork! It is beyond easy.
For the pork, you'll need:
-a pork roast of some kind, could be butt, shoulder, top sirloin...
-water to cover the roast
-seasonings, if desired (I added a few tablespoons of beef broth powder)

To cook:
-put all ingredients in your slow cooker on low for around 6 hours. Take roasts out and shred, remove most of the liquid in the pot. Return the pulled pork, and leave on low or warm. You can add any more seasonings or sauces at this point. Sometimes I mix in bbq sauce. But I didn't this time because I made a Pineapple BBQ sauce to put on top of our mini sandwiches...

Pineapple BBQ Sauce:
-1/2 cup bbq sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's Original)
-1/4 cup pineapple juice
-a couple tablespoons of minced pineapple

Now, onto the PARTAY! Link up 3 of your favorite posts, and Alexis and Kayla will both select a feature for next week. Also, please follow us and Alexis over at Laugh.Eat.Learn!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...