Banner

Orchard Girls

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

WWEW: Superbowl Day & Link PARTY!

Hey everyone! Kayla and I usually post recipes on our WWEW posts, but I decided to be a little more literal today. This is what I actually ate on Sunday (not Wednesday, so not SUPER literal!). As I'm sure you all know, Sunday was the Superbowl! And it was AWESOME! This made for some very yummy treats and recipes, too. I was almost as excited about the food as I was the game.

Breakfast: When I wake up, I need to eat pronto. I never used to be like this, but since I've been pregnant (and not throwing up constantly), I have to eat the minute I step out of the bed. I cannot be bothered by making anything that requires more than 30 seconds. I usually opt for cereal. I had a bowl of Special K Red Berries, with about 1/2 cup of Light & Fit Vanilla Yogurt mixed in. Yum!
Snack: I was feeling a bit hungry around 11, so I made myself a smoothie. I used about 1 cup frozen berries, 3/4 cup orange & mango juice, 1/2 banana, and a handful of baby spinach. I really like the little blenders that just have the pulse option for this. I have one from Hamilton Beach that I got at Walmart forever ago.
While I was sipping on this, I was making some of my appetizers for the game. I would be lying if I said I didn't eat any while I was making them. I also had a few baby pickles. Around 1, I ate the other half of my banana. I didn't want to eat too much because I knew I'd start "grazing" around 3-3:30 at the Superbowl party.

Here is the spread we had:
Starting at the top, in the silver bowl, Kayla made a Chipotle Ranch Pasta Salad. Going clockwise from that, a couple bags of chips, sugar cookies Kayla made (I had about 5-7 of these...), some croissant sandwiches our mother-in-law made, some chicken sausage bites she also made, my bacon wrapped weenies, and my pasta salad. In the middle is a wonderful broccoli salad with a soy sauce dressing that our mother-in-law also made. Not pictured are a couple of Papa Murphy's pizzas.
Let's just say, I'm happy I didn't eat very much in the morning.

Here are the links to the recipes I used for the bacon wrapped weenies & the pasta salad.
What did you all do for the Superbowl?! Let us know in the comments below!

Welcome to our first WWEW Linky Party! Okay, we're hoping this catches on, and we're not the only ones to link  up at our own party, cause how lame would that be? :) The more of you that link up, the more recipes to go around! 
Next week (and every week after that) each host blog will feature our favorite link up! That could be YOU! 
As a part of the party, we would love for you to follow along with us - choose the most convenient way for you to follow along, by clicking the links below! :)
ORCHARD GIRLS--> Facebook  ---  Pinterest  ---  Google +  ---  Bloglovin'
LAUGH EAT LEARN--> Facebook   --- Pinterest  ---  Google +  ---  Bloglovin'




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...