Banner

Orchard Girls

Friday, March 21, 2014

DIY: Adjustable Crib Skirt

Good morning, and happy Friday! I have a really exciting project to share today. Well, exciting for me because it finishes off my baby boy's crib! I've been looking for fabric to make a crib skirt, but hadn't really found any I liked. I was looking for a thicker striped fabric, but in a very neutral color. The fabric I ended up choosing was one I looked at what seems like forever ago, and even took a picture of to remember it. I saw it again in store and realized it would make an adorable crib skirt!
I wish I would have come up with this on my own, as it is PURE.GENIUS. But alas, I didn't. I did a search on good ol' Pinterest and found this tutorial from A View Along the Way. What I loved was that she had a Jenny Lind Crib and had already done the measurements for me. Double score. I started cutting my fabric (pain in the you know what), and realized my fabric was not wide enough to make the long panel. I had to add a small piece of fabric to extend it. Thankfully, it isn't too noticeable.
She attached her crib skirt with little tacks, but I didn't have that option. To be completely honest, I've gone the lazy route right now and just have masking tape holding it up. I plan on getting velcro strips in the very near future. I had another little mistake, too. I was so eager to get this done, I didn't pay attention to my thread color. It's a dark green. Oops. In the end, I actually liked the contrast.
Plus, it matches the quilt I'm making to go on the crib. Here is a little sneak peek.
I hope you all had a great week, and that your Friday goes quickly. We don't have big plans for this weekend, but are starting frost season around here. That means that the wind machines around our house are coming on during the night. So loud. We have one right behind our house, and it makes our windows rattle. They do this to raise the temperature just enough that the buds on the apple trees don't die. Super important, but not very pleasant.

Have an awesome weekend, guys!

We will be linking to these parties.

5 comments:

  1. The baby's room is looking beyond adorable! I love all the mix of patterns and prints!!

    Alexis at Laugh. Eat. Learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's so fun to put together since you can play around so much :)
      -Kenzie

      Delete
  2. Beautifully done, girls. I always thought the underneath of a crib looked messy. Best wishes, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! It definitely helps hide whatever ends up under there!

      Delete
  3. This is so pretty. I loved how it turned out. Going to make one for my baby's crib.
    Best DFW Knee Doctor Dr Alex Schnee

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...