Banner

Orchard Girls

Friday, April 18, 2014

April Ipsy vs. Birchbox

Good morning and happy Friday! I received both my Ipsy and Birchbox this week and thought I would show you all what I got. I'm pretty pleased with both, so I'm a happy girl! If you don't know what either of these two things are, they are both monthly subscription services, sort of like a magazine. It's $10 a month for each, and you get a variety of beauty samples.

First, we will start with Ipsy!
This month it all came in a dark purple/navy bag with a picture of a record player. The inside is black. Kinda cute, and larger than the other bags I've gotten.
1. dr. brandt Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant. This is a pretty healthy sample size. I like exfoliating my skin, especially when it's looking a bit dull. I will give this a go next time I do that.
2. Big Sexy Hair Root Pump. Gotta love root booster. I have a couple different ones that I use, and I will put this away to use when traveling. I already know I will like it!
3. Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Pencil in Black Velvet. I was so excited to get this! I love Urban Decay's eyeliner pencils, and I'm sure I will love this one. I don't tend to go through them very fast, so I know this will last me a while.
4. City Color Mousse Eyeshadow in White Gold. This is a really neat product. It's like a cream eyeshadow, but fluffier? I wore it the other day and really liked it. It stayed on without creasing, and the color is really pretty- true to it's name. It will be perfect to wear by itself during spring and summer.
5. Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm in Apple Pink. Another love. This product is so cool. I love the packaging, but it would be a little bulky in a small purse. It comes with a little lip brush on the top! I wouldn't really say it's a lip balm though. More like a lipstick in a pot, as it's really pigmented and not very moisturizing.

Now onto Birchbox!
Starting from the top left corner,
1. derma e Hydrating Night Creme. This is a large sample! I'm very pleased. I love night cremes, and I haven't had one for a bit since my skin has been nice during pregnancy, but it's usually very dry. I put this on last night and I have to say, my skin is super soft today.
2. Color Club Nail Polish in Breakfast At... Cute nailpolish. I put this on yesterday, too. I like the color. Great for spring!
3. Number 4 Reconstructing Mask. This is a hair mask. Not much product to try out. I used it last night during my shower, and I might be able to squeeze another use out of it. It did make my hair super soft, though!
4. Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo. Tried this last night, too. I had been feeling like I had some product build up in my hair, and figured it would be a good time to use a clarifying shampoo anyway. It worked really well!
5. Kind Healthy Grains in Maple Pumpkin Seed with Sea Salt. I gave this to hubby. He didn't eat it. Lol!
6. theBalm How 'Bout Them Apples cheek and lip cream in Pie. I love this! I love any of theBalm products I get in my Birchbox, and this is no exception. I think it will be great for spring and summer when I don't want to wear a bunch of products, but still want to look alive. I actually saw the whole palette of these cremes when I was at Kohl's the other day, maybe I will have to go pick that up.

All in all, I would say this month is a tie. There were larger/great products in my Ipsy, but I'm really happy with the Night Creme, Nail Polish, and theBalm product in my Birchbox.

Do any of you get either of these subscriptions? Did you get the same things as I did? Let me know down below.

Have a great weekend, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...