Banner

Orchard Girls

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Watermelon Iced Tea

Hey all! Yesterday I was craving something refreshing to drink. I had just purchased a small watermelon and had an idea! Why not make some watermelon tea?! I think it turned out delicious, and makes me think of summer when I take a sip. I think it will be a regular at all of our summer bbqs to come.
This recipe makes just over 2 quarts, so it should all fit in a regular sized pitcher.

I used:
-2 quarts water
-2 family sized Luzianne tea bags (for iced tea)
-1/3 cup sugar
-about 2 cups worth of pureed watermelon, I used maybe 1/3 of my small watermelon

Here's what I did:
1. Added 1 quart water to a small pot and brought to a boil. Added in the 1/3 cup sugar and stirred until dissolved. Then took the pot off of the heat and stuck my tea bags in for about 3-5 minutes.
2. Added the other 1 quart water (cold) to the pitcher.
3. Put my cut up watermelon into a blender with a bit of water and pureed. I then sifted that to remove the seeds, and added it to the cold water in the pitcher.
4. Poured the hot tea from the pot into the pitcher of cold water and watermelon juice. Stirred.

And that's it! Really easy. I hope you guys give it a try!

Make sure to check back tomorrow so you can join our What We Eat Wednesday linky party. You'll find some great recipes there!
Have a great day,
Linking to these parties.

1 comment:

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...