Banner

Orchard Girls

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

WWEW: Summer Pasta Salad + Spring Photo Challenge

Hello everyone! Thanks for joining us for another What We Eat Wednesday. Be sure to link your recipes below so we can all check them out!

Before the party, I thought I'd share a super easy pasta salad I whipped together one night. I pretty much raided my pantry and fridge to see what we had, and came up with this. First I pulled out the ingredients. The only thing I decided to add later that isn't in this picture are some mini pickles.
The whole inspiration came from those noodles. I picked them up on a whim at Target, waiting for a reason to use them. I think they would be awesome in a mac & cheese, too!

So, I used:
1 pkg Simply Balanced organic trottole
about 1/2 cup Italian Dressing
about 1/2 cup chopped artichoke hearts
1 small can of sliced olives
1 large tomato, diced
about 1/2 of a cucumber, diced
lemon juice from half of lemon
about 1/2 of a red bell pepper, diced
and about 10 mini pickles, sliced

I basically cooked the noodled al dente, ran them under cold water to cool them down, and added all of the other ingredients. I gave myself time so it could sit in the fridge for a while before dinner. On a normal night, I would probably add ham or pepperoni & some shredded parmesan cheese.
We enjoyed eating this outside, looking at the beautiful blossoming trees all around us! The orchard is so gorgeous this time of the year. (I'm also entering this photo in the Spring Photo Challenge over at Bower Power blog!)
Now onto who I selected to feature this week from last week's linky party.
The delicious looking No Bake Butterscotch Haystacks from Eat Drink and Be Mary!
I really want to try to make these for this weekend. I LOVE butterscotch, so I'm sure I'd love these.

Okay, everyone, time to link up! Share a few of your favorite recipes down below. Also, our party hasn't gotten very big yet, so please help us share the news that we're hosting a party where there's a chance to be featured the next week. We love finding new blogs and new recipes to try. Make sure you check out our co-host Alexis at Laugh.Eat.Learn, as well.




1 comment:

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...