Banner

Orchard Girls

Monday, October 20, 2014

October IPSY vs. BIRCHBOX!

Hey guys! It's been a while since we've shown you what we've gotten in our IPSY and Birchbox monthly subscriptions. I thought I'd show you what I received this month! If you didn't know IPSY and Birchbox are both $10.00 a month. You receive beauty samples, and sometimes full size products. They tailor what you get based on a quiz you take when signing up! I think it's a lot of fun, and I end up purchasing way less beauty products this way! Also, you get a chance to try things out that you never would have on your own.

Here's what I received in my IPSY:
First of all, the bag this month is really cute! It's a quilted teal bag, with really durable fabric! This will go great in the diaper bag. As for the products,
1. Epice Purifying Exfoliant. This is really nice. The texture of the "exfoliating" cream is pretty smooth. The granules that do the exfoliating are super fine, so they don't irritate the skin.
2. Kiss Premium Human Hair Eyelashes. I've said before that I like receiving fake eyelashes in these boxes. I don't ever buy eyelashes, but I like having a couple of pairs on hand for special occasions. These ones look really nice and natural.
3. Ayres Body Butter. I feel like I've gotten this before. I'm sure I still have the whole one, since I don't really like the smell of this. Maybe I need to give them away!
4. MICA Beauty Eyeshadow. This is a dark green loose eyeshadow with glitter in it. I'm not sure how much I will use this. I more of a neutrals girl, but I might use this wet as an eyeliner. 
5. Starlooks lip gloss. This is a really pretty natural looking lip gloss. I've already worn it several times and enjoyed it.

Now for Birchbox:
The card on the right is for a giveaway they're doing. If you post your picture to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram you could win $100 dollars in their store. You just write in your current obsession! Right now, ours is the show Blacklist! Love it! Here are the products,
1. Amika Dry Shampoo. Really love this. It's a small size, but I'm sure I can get enough uses out of it to know if I like it. Which I do.
2. Benefit the Porefessional Primer. I've always wanted to try this, so I'm glad I got a sample. So far I like it, but we will have to wait and see if it breaks me out- which a lot of primers do.
3. Dr. Brandt pores no more vacuum cleaner mask. I'm super excited to try this! I have a problem with clogged pores, so we will see if this helps! I believe these products are pretty expensive, so to get a sample is really nice.
4. Lord & Berry eyeliner pencil. This is a black with chunky glitter in it. Not sure how much I like it, but I'm sure I will use it. I get kind of tired of all the black eyeliners I get in my boxes. I wish they would be different colors. How many black eyeliners does one girl need?
5. Ellovi Butter in Vanilla. I really like this body butter. The texture is kind of like a balm and it smells really nice. It only has 6 ingredients, which are all natural.

So, there you have it! As for a winner, I think Birchbox wins. I really like everything except the eyeliner. It helps that some of the products are from more expensive brands.

I hope you all are having a great Monday! Talk to you soon,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...